- Classes at the Marin Amateur Radio Society Clubhouse at 27 Shell Rd. Mill Valley (Google Map).
- Beginning on Wednesday, September 7 at 7PM we will be holding 7 weekly sessions to prepare you for your exam.
- The exam session is scheduled for Wednesday, November 2, at 7PM.
- Federal Registration Number (Free, Get Your FRN Now)
- Access to the ARRL Ham Radio License Manual 3rd Edition. (Available for purchase from ARRL or limited available at our clubhouse)
- Classes are free, exam fee is $15.
- There is no age requirement.
- Morse code is no longer required.
CLASS IS FULL! 9/07/16
Contact Kris, KK6AYC if you want to sign up.
Sign up here:
What will we learn?
The Technician Class Amateur Radio License is the entry level license, and passing the Element 2 exam is a prerequisite to be issued a new FCC issued Amateur license. Subjects covered on the Technician exam include basic electrical theory, radio wave and propagation theory, basic operating practices, FCC rules and regulations, and safety. This is also the license class examination that is required to be passed for re-entering amateur licensees to reclaim some of the privileges that the previous license granted. See: Exam Element Credit for more information. It is NOT an instant restoration of privileges. The Element 2 Exam is a proctored 35 Question multiple-choice test.
There is a multiple-choice question proctored examination (Element 2) that must be passed in order for the FCC to issue you a new license.
SEE: MARS Education Page for more information.