|San Francisco Dolphin Club|
|Map ( Run Portion):|
|NOTE: TICK BLOOM – We were informed of a ‘tick bloom’ on Mt. Tam, in April 2016. If your assignment takes anywhere where you might be at risk, PLEASE TAKE PRECAUTIONS! Ticks in our area carry Lyme Disease.|
|Date:||Saturday October 28, 2017 08:30 – 17:00 2016|
|Activity Description:||Communications support for the run portion of Dolphin Club triathlon event. There are 40 – 60 participants, including relay teams. The event starts with a swim from Alcatraz to Aquatic Park in San Francisco. Participants then transition to bicycles to ride to Mill Valley. The run portion is from Mill Valley over the Dipsea Trail to Stinson Beach and back to the finish in Mill Valley.|
|What will be expected:||Hams are stationed at various check points along the run course, and report the first five and final five participants in each direction. Hams also report any participants that need assistance, or any participants who drop out. Hams are also welcome to volunteer to run with the trail sweeps. Please supply your t-shirt size, when signing up. Escape From Alcatraz Stations|
|Escape From Alcatraz Stations|
|MARS Organizer:||Randy Jenkins, KA6BQFemail@example.com|
|Pre-event Briefing:||Thursday, October 26, 2017, 19:30 on the 146.700MHz repeater.|
|Please send after-event comments to:DEBRIEF|
|PRIMARY :||147.330 + PL 179.9 Mt. Tam West|
|SECONDARY:||146.700 – PL 179.9 Mt. Tam||146.700 – PL 203.5 Big Rock||146.700 – PL 167.8 Mt. Barnabe|
Please contact me ASAP with any reassignments necessary.
Please use and respond to your tactical designator. Use FCC call-sign at the end of each series of transmissions.
EMERGENCY TRAFFIC ALWAYS HAS PRIORITY. PLEASE STAND BY UNTIL THE EMERGENCY HAS BEEN HANDLED. Participants should be referred to by participant number whenever possible, as this is how they are tracked.
1) Event start is in San Francisco, a swim from Alcatraz to Aquatic Park SF, bike from SF to Mill Valley, a run to Stinson and back. We are covering the run portion of the triathlon, and we should begin to get runners into Mill Valley at around 9:00. Time depends on the tide schedule for the swim portion.
2) Release times are approximate, based on past experience; maybe sooner, maybe later.
3) All stations should track the positions and the numbers of the first FIVE and last few runners, and relay to net control. Numbers are normally in grease pencil on the arm or leg. Since this is a Dolphin / South End only event we should have about 60 runners.
4) Please keep track of the numbers and dispositions of any runners who drop out at your location. Inform net control.
5) Remember to bring the usual supplies for an event, radios, spare battery, food, beverage, sunscreen, hat, etc.
6) Windy Gap is on the West side of Panoramic Hwy where it intersects Bay View Dr. Muir Woods Mailboxes is partway down Muir Woods Road from Panoramic Hwy to Muir Woods NP at the mailboxes (Muir Woods Road & Camino Dr.). White Gate is where the Dipsea Trail comes up from Steep Ravine a mile above Stinson Beach. The Stinson Beach turn is on Avenal at the bridge, near the Surfside Café outside the park.
7) A crossband will be set up to link between White Gate and the repeater. Steep Ravine and White Gate should use the crossband. Stinson Beach should be able to reach the repeater directly.
Thanks for volunteering and have a great day. Randy Jenkins KA6BQF, Michael Fischer K6MLF, Rob Rowlands NZ6J
To Volunteer Contact: Randy firstname.lastname@example.org
LAST UPDATE: 10/27/2016